“An advantage of living in halls is that as part of the application process you complete a personality questionnaire so you are matched with people similar to yourself.”
Lauren, current student
Booking your accommodation
Once you've chosen your preferred halls of residence, you can apply for your room via the accommodation portal. Halls of residence applications are on a first come, first served basis. When allocating specific rooms, we endeavour to match you with people with similar living habits and interests. The application process includes some lifestyle questions to assist with the allocation.
Why choose University-managed halls of residence?
With prices starting from as little as ￡99.50 per week, there’s a huge range of benefits you can enjoy staying in University-managed accommodation.
- Be at the centre of everything! Lecture theatres, the library, leisure facilities, the students’ union, places to eat and drink and the city centre are all within a few minutes’ walk.
- Pay no deposit for your room.
- Cleaning of your communal areas (kitchens and bathroom) provided in selected halls.
- Fantastic range of accommodation to suit all budgets and requirements.
- All bills included (utilities, WiFi and contents insurance).
- We’re trusted landlords, with no admin fees or scary credit checks.
- 24/7 campus security.
- Dedicated reception and maintenance teams.
- Full access to all residence life events and activities at no extra cost.
- Option for catered living.
Prepaid catering package
Forget about cooking, food shopping and washing up this year, and enjoy the benefits of a flexible prepaid way to eat while studying at the University of Plymouth. Enjoy sustainable, locally sourced, fresh food from a range of our award-winning campus cafes, with our new prepaid catered halls package.
Available from September 2020, this package spans over 35 weeks of the year, providing your breakfast and two course dinner from Monday to Friday term time only. Enjoy a varied menu with flexible times and minimal fuss. Full details coming soon.
Be part of a thriving student community
Students who choose university-managed halls enjoy a range of benefits. These include access to the exclusive residence life programme, which offers a range of social activities (competitions, giveaways and trips throughout the year), a team of dedicated hall volunteers to help you make the most of life in halls and special offers in campus cafés.
The Student Accommodation Code
We adhere to the Student Accommodation Code which means that we go the extra mile to make sure that you get the best quality accommodation while you are with us. The Code is managed by an external group which inspects our halls to ensure that they are in tip-top condition.
Halls of residence in Truro
Treliske Hall is a direct-let student accommodation option located just outside the Royal Cornwall Hospital in Truro, Cornwall.
It’s ideally situated for medical, nursing and dental students training at Treliske Hospital in Cornwall.