Research impact at Plymouth
Demonstrating our mission to advance knowledge and transform lives through research
- Science fiction becomes fact to create live musical performance 2 July 2020
- Study uses water data to map population changes caused by tourism 24 June 2020
- Academic named among UK’s leading female engineers 23 June 2020
- Scientists make step forward in development of COVID-19 animal vaccines 23 June 2020
- Artificial night sky poses serious threat to coastal species 22 June 2020
Upcoming academic and research events
- PRIMaRE Conference 2020 (VIRTUAL CONFERENCE) 7 July 2020 - 8 July 2020
- CONTROL2020 6 July 2020 - 8 July 2020
- Oceansgate Marine Technology Webinar Series 15 July 2020 11:00 - 11:45
- Oceansgate Marine Technology Webinar Series 29 July 2020 11:00 - 11:45
- Oceansgate Marine Technology Webinar Series 12 August 2020 11:00 - 11:45
Changing the world in 20 projects
Sea birds washing up on the shoreline covered in a mysterious oily substance; young people in Ethiopia, suffering from discrimination because of their disability; families facing life-changing decisions without specialist genetic counsellor support...
Three completely different scenarios but all tied by a common cord: University of Plymouth research.Find out more by accessing our case studies and researcher profiles
Discover more about our academic, economic and societal impact
At a glance...
- University of Plymouth submitted 50 impact case studies to REF2014
- our case studies demonstrated impact on academia, politics, health, culture, technology, society, the economy and environment
- project funders included 12 national Department of Business, Innovation and Skills funding bodies
- reaching far and wide, Plymouth's global impact locations included Europe, Africa, Asia, Oceania, North and South America.